Applying for a Swell Cash and Swell Credit account is similar to applying for any financial account. For your security, the process is a little more involved than just, say, signing up for Tik Tok. Because of this, it can take about 5- 10 minutes to apply for Swell Cash and Swell Credit and get your Swell accounts up and running.
To make the application process easier, you should have a few things available.
For Swell Cash you’ll need:
- Invitation code (you should have received this from a letter or email we sent you)
- Social security number
- Driver’s license or state-issued photo ID
- A mobile device with a camera (so that we can confirm that you match your ID)
For Swell Credit, you’ll need all of the above, plus:
- The net pay amount from your last paycheck or income payment (aka “Take home pay”). This helps the bank behind Swell set your credit limit.
- Monthly housing costs (rent or mortgage payment)
- Bank log-in credentials (this is needed to finish the automated underwriting process)
During the application process, you have the option to set up a direct deposit to enjoy benefits like getting your paycheck up to 2 days early — having a recent paystub available can make that process simple.
But if you prefer to set up a direct deposit after you open your account, you can do that in the app by tapping “Add Money” and “Manage your direct deposit.”